What happens during a session?
A typical session lasts approximately 1 hour but some can be 2 hours, during which I will ask you questions about the issues concerning you or your animal and explore those issues with you and help find ways of resolving them. This may involve one therapy or a fusion of different modalities. Please refer to the Treatment section of my website for full details of “what happens in a session”.
You may be asked to carry out some tasks at home between sessions, for example: practising a specific technique, keeping a journal or experimenting with a new behaviour for yourself or your animal.
I would be happy to answer any of your questions about these approaches before or during our first session.
Therapy cost and venue
My fees are highlighted under the Pricing section of the website. Payment is due at the end of each appointment, by cash, cheque or bank transfer.
Each session normally lasts 1 hour, but this can be adjusted according to your or your animal’s needs.
Sessions usually take place at my treatment room for humans or at the animal’s home. I am willing to visit people in their own homes if necessary. Online sessions are available by arrangement as is distant Reiki healing.
Code of Ethics
As a member of EFTi and The Spiritual Companions Trust I abide by the code of ethics of these professional organisations (please ask if you would like to see copies of these documents).
My Personal Ethics
- I will choose the shortest, gentlest and most effective route to helping you or your animal achieve a positive outcome, to the best of my knowledge, skill and ability.
- If I feel that I am unable to help you or your animal, for whatever reason, I will do my best to refer you to an appropriate source of help.
- I maintain confidentiality of everything discussed in the sessions, unless the information you give me suggests a serious risk of harm to yourself or others, especially children, or where I am legally required to disclose information, e.g. in a court of law.
Insurance- I am fully insured to practice Reiki, Equine Reiki, Animal Reiki, Reiki Drumming, Animal Communication, Person Centred Spirituality and Wellbeing and Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT).
If you are unhappy with any aspects of your therapy I would encourage you to raise any issues with me first, but if you don’t feel able to do that or we cannot reach a satisfactory resolution of your grievance you have the right to complain to my professional organisations: EFTi and The Spiritual Companions Trust.
Continuous Professional Development
To ensure the best quality of service and development of my skills and knowledge, I undertake regular extensive Continuous Professional Development activities each year.
The therapist undertakes to:
- Attend sessions at pre-arranged times and places, and give at least 24 hours notice if the session has to be cancelled or postponed.
- Practice within my range of competence and follow the appropriate Codes of Ethics.
- Commit to continuous professional development, to safeguard the client and ensure best practice.
- Refer the client if there is cause to believe that (s)he would be better helped elsewhere.
- Maintain full client confidentiality unless I receive information that the client or someone else, especially a child, is or may be at serious risk of harm, and where disclosure is required by law.
- Maintain the professional boundaries of the therapeutic relationship.
The client undertakes to:
- Attend sessions at pre-arranged times and places, and give at least 24 hours notice if a session has to be cancelled or postponed.
- Pay an agreed fee at the end of each session (unless other payment arrangements are made), and for any missed sessions if less that 24 hours notice is given.
- Be open to new learning and exploring identified issues.
- Carry out tasks between sessions as agreed with the therapist.
- Ensure that in the case where the animal is ill that the owner seeks veterinary permission before complementary therapy can take place.